Thursday, May 6, 2010

Reverse Macro Photography

I've been reading up on macro photography, with a twist. Some have even called it the poor man's version of macro photography. Macro lenses are not cheap, and for some spending $300 on up for macro lens, is just too much.

So the cheapest method that some have come up with is to use your existing lens in reverse. In order to be able to do this, you need some adapter rings, similar to the filter rings. I was pleasantly surprised to learn that some enterprising people have them built to fit a particular camera (nikon, olympus, canon etc) body mount.

I have been to ebay, and yes, made purchases for a reverse macro adapter ring to fit my particular brand of camera. I also bought some step down and step up rings so I can use more than one lens in reverse (the lens diameter come in different sizes).

I cannot wait for the items that I ordered at ebay to arrive! More so after browsing through photos that have been shared by users of this macro reverse method on Flickr! mrgreen

I thought the photos uploaded by members of the Poor-Man's Macro Group Pool on Flickr really interesting. Amazing what reversing a camera lens can do!

*Pic uploaded by user orangegoat on Flickr.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.

 
ss_blog_claim=5f4c9d8fa8cfc43e54e47bd3e82491ce